- Are the books really free?
- Absolutely free?
- What's the catch?
- All the books have been stamped "not for resale" and are not to be resold. It means what it says. Please honor this request.
- Is there a limit to how many books I can take?
- You can only take 150,000 per day, per person.
- When are you open?
- We are open EVERY (52) Saturday and Sunday 9am - 6pm, including holidays and blizzards. There are drop-off bins by the entrance for after-hours donations.
- Where do you get all of your books?
- We get them from businesses, organizations, and people like you who no longer have any need for them.
- How can I help?
- Volunteer and check out our wish list.
- Can I give you books?
- We love presents... Donations are always welcome. You can bring books and magazines when you come to browse, or drop them off after-hours in the bins. We accept books and magazines regardless of age or subject matter.
- Are donations tax-deductible?
- All donations are tax-deductible, and we can provide receipts for the number of books donated. To get a receipt, make your donation during our operating hours 9 am - 6 pm Saturday and Sunday, or call before you come to make sure someone is available to give you a receipt.
- Can I ship you books?
- We love gifts in the mail, too... You can ship books to
The Book Thing of Baltimore, Inc.
3001 Vineyard Lane
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
- Do you sell books?
- We sell less than 1% of the books we receive. All proceeds from the sales are used to cover overhead and expenses.
- Do you have __________ by __________ from the year _________?
- We move such a large volume of books that it is difficult for us to keep track of what we have! Your best bet is to come down and look for yourself. Our volunteers can point you in the right direction. Besides, the search is half the fun - who knows what else you might find.
- ...And the books are free?
Copyright 2014 - The Book Thing of Baltimore, Inc.